Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bedtime

Our bedtime routine at our house is very predictable. With Cael ,bedtime is as easy as reading a few books, saying our prayers, and pushing play for his bedtime music. Jordan on the other hand has definitely come up with her own complex routine of what needs to be done before she will even consider going to sleep.
  • First- she needs to read her books
  • Second- she needs to get as many hugs and kisses from brother as she possibly can before I finally get fed up and tell her that is enough.
  • Third- she has to say her prayers, while stopping every few seconds to say, "don't help me Mom! "
  • Fourth- she has to make sure that all her toys and things are put away in the right places. After she is lying down if she sees one thing that is out of place she will quickly jump up out of bed and be sure to tell me what it is where it needs to go.
  • Fifth- she has to look out the window to tell me that our Vegetable garden is still there and growing tall.
  • Sixth- she has to push play on the CD player to turn on her bedtime music.
  • Seventh- she has to have her drink of water
  • Eighth- She always tells me to get her a "kenex" because she has "bad boogers"
  • Ninth- she has to pick out the blanket that she wants to sleep with
  • Tenth- She always looks down at my feet and asks "do you have shoes on?" and if I don't she always responds with "oh, just your foots"
  • Eleventh- She always says"hold me" while we listen to a song...or two until she will finally let me lay her in her bed.

Some nights, OK most nights, this list of "must do's" just makes me crazy. But on those nights when I am not here and either Raynel or his Mom are putting the kids to bed I really do get a little sad.

Cael, Thank you for taking after your Dad and realising that a true bedtime routine is nothing more then a bed, and pillow, t and then within seconds, sleep. I love to hear you say your prayers and how you never fail to say how thankful you are for your Mom and Dad.

Jordan, I am not sure where you got some of your OCD. But you never fail to find away to make me laugh and melt my heart even when you are making me crazy. I love to see your cute little face when you squint up your eyes, point one finger and say," stay for one more song mom, one more".

2 comments:

Hailey said...

Wow, that's quite the list!! Hey that reminds me of Riley making me kiss everything before I could lay her down when she was littler. She had a little house in her room that had butterflies on it. Damon + I kissed every single one every night. Then I found out that I was the only one kissing the wall as well!! Silly kids! That makes me laugh though!!

Mitzi said...

That is so cute. Jordan and Abby have the same personality. I think it's so much fun to listen to the kids say prayers. Benjamin prays every night that everyone even in Utah will have sweet dreams. It makes me laugh.