Wednesday, June 30, 2010
A TRUE Day to Remember
A few months ago in young women's I taught a lesson about keeping journals. I always seem to end up teaching the lessons on the things that I need to work on most in my life.
Since I was a kid, keeping a journal was just not my thing. I probably have three or four different journals from my childhood that all have nothing more then a few pages and all say the Famous words, "Starting today I am going to be better at writing in my journal."
Looking back now I wish I would have been so much better. I think up till now, I have always thought that my scrapbooks would be enough to track the things in my life that were most important to me. I would love to go back and read about the first date Raynel and I had. The way I felt when I went through the temple for the first time. And even the, not so long ago, births of our two children. So... just as as I have written many times before. "Starting today I am going to be better at keeping a journal".
Up till now our blog as really just been my way of keeping a "scrapbook" of our family. With the Blog title being A DAY TO REMEMBER, I think it is about time I took that more literally. I want Cael and Jordan not only to remember the fun play dates we went on or what we did in St George that year. But I want them to both know how much I loved the little things we did on a daily bases. The things that they do everyday that makes me so happy to be their mom. I want them to really feel like each day is A DAY TO REMEMBER.
JORDAN
Your new favorite thing is to make a mess just so you can take a rag and clean it up. At lunch today, I sat and watched you as you dumped juice from your juice box all over the table then quickly wiped it off with a dish towel. You then emptied out your yogurt cup on to the table just so you could take the same dish towel and wipe it off again. You did this for a good ten minutes before you finally ran out of juice and Yogurt. No wonder you are always telling me you need "a snack or something" you are to busy cleaning to even get a bite in.
CAEL
I think you really hate Sundays. Every morning when you get up the first thing you ask me is "Mom is it Sunday?" When I reply with a "no, it is Monday" you always respond with a "Good, I hate Sundays". I am still trying to figure out what you hate most about Sundays. Is it the fact that you have to go sit in church for three hours? Is it because you can't play with friends? Or is because you can't watch any TV or movies unless it is church movie? For whatever reason, I am so glad that when you ask me in the morning... "Mom, Is it Sunday" I can say "No Cael, it is Thursday."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I know what you mean about being better at journal writing. Good luck with the new goal.
what a good reminder!!
I have been trying the same thing this year with a blog just for the kids journaling. I decided it was better than nothing. Good luck!
You are such a cute mom. I love the darling stories you tell about your kids. It just shows what a great mom you are being in taking the time to enjoy the simple things! Great reminder :)
Post a Comment