Ever since Cael was born he, along with his Dad, have been begging for a dog. For a long time the answer was just flat out "NO"!
Cael has learned at an early age that if you ask long enough, the mother just gets fed up and gives in. Worked for me with my mother and something tells me that it worked for my my mom with her mom.
Yes, I will admit, my children (Raynel included) have turned me into quite a softy when it comes to getting what they want.
Though I am easily persuaded I have come to the conclusion that I too can get what I want.

This is our Pebble Jar Or What I like to call as the Bribery Jar.
When I came to the realisation that the topic of getting a dog was never going to go away. I decided that it was time to make the boy work for it.
Here is a list of some of the things that were Pebble worthy:
- Sleeping in his own bed
- leaving Grandmas without being dragged
- cleaning up his room
- making his bed
- being extra nice to his sister
- making shopping at the grocery store a pleasant experience
- and of course taking out Jordan's Pooppy diapers in preparation for poop duty.
I of course was smart enough to use a big Jar, knowing full well that Raynel would be a little more generous in his awards because of his desire for the dog too.
A month or so later the Jar is now full and Cael has learned the lesson of responsibility and work. In addition I too have learned a valuable lesson.
Bribery with your kids will get you far!
2 comments:
I need to make one of those jars! What a great idea. We had a dog, and I made my hubby sell him. I am a horrible wife!
Thats a great idea. I also have a 'marble jar' (the same deal). It is the ONLY way we can get Cooper to wear his eye patch these days. His reward is 25 cents for every marble he has earned by the time we go to Disney Land in October. LOVE BRIBERY!
Post a Comment