Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Our little Miracle is One!

I am not really sure where to begin when talking about this last year and what a joy and special blessing Jordan has been for our family. To really understand what she has done for me personally, as well as our family, I must tell her story from the beginning. I remember being so excited for that twenty week appointment. Like most expecting mothers I was going through the motions. Being really excited to find out whether it was going to be a boy or girl But nervously hoping and praying that all is well with baby. I was really surprised and excited when told that this new addition was going to be a girl! My feelings of excitement were quickly changed as my fears of problems were becoming more of a reality. We were told that this sweet baby looked to have a cleft lip and pallet. (As many of you know Raynel has a sister that was born with a cleft and we always new that it could be a possibility for one of our children to be born with one. But really I thought that would never happen.) The next few days I spent most of my time crying. I loved this baby so much and the idea of this sweet baby having a difficult challenge to start of her life broke my heart. As days went on our family decided to have a special fast for Jordan. I was feeling so unsure of what to fast for. I soo wanted to ask for Jordan not to be born with a cleft. But for some reason I felt like I could not ask for that. In My heart I new that Jordan was a special baby and that Heavenly Father had a special plan for her. I can still remember the sweet prayer my Grandpa gave the day we broke our fast. He spoke of the great faith our family has in the priesthood. He remimded us of all the times are family had experianced miracels. He then prayed for what I was so afraid to ask for. He prayed that Jordan would be healed. It was there that I learned that if we do not ask Our heavenly Father for Miracles we will not have the blessings of witnessing them. My husband then gave me and Jordan the most wonderful blessing, promising us both that we could face whatever the Lord had in store for us. And that because of the faith of all of our loved ones Miracles could and would happen. A few weeks later, Raynel and I were able to go and have another ultra sound with a specialist at LDS Hospital. The Doctor told us there that she indeed had a cleft lip and pallet. Hearing this brought back all the same emotions as before. I tried to stay positive and excited. I still spent most nights crying and praying to my Heavenly Father that he would help me to be the mother that this special baby needed. It was not until the day that Jordan was born that I realised that this challenge was not a lesson for her but it was a lesson for me. You can only imagine my anticipation of the unknown as we waited for her arrival. I can remember the nurses and the doctor not only commenting on how big she was but how beautiful she was. I was overwhelmed with emotion when the nurse told us that she had no cleft pallet but just a small cleft on the right side of her lip. Miracles did happen that day! The moment I held her every fear I had went away! I knew that Heavenly Father had not only heard my prayers but also the prayers of all our friends and family! She really was beautiful!
Her cleft became something we all adored! We just loved to see that sweet, wide smile!

I cried the day we had it fixed! I was sad to see it go.

If you saw Jordan today you would never know that she was born with a cleft. I am reminded again of the words that my Grandpa said in his prayer asking for our sweet baby to be healed. Jordan has healed perfectly! Her surgeon is even so impressed with how little of a scar she has. What a miracle and blessing she has been for us! We love you Jordan and are so happy to have you in our family!

Happy Birthday!

16 comments:

The Nortons said...

Happy Birthday Jordan! She is beautiful, Shar! What an amazing experience.

Kellie said...

What an amazing story!! And boy is she beautiful!

Melissa and Nate said...

Such an amazing story Shar! Happy birthday to a gorgeous girl!

Bjorn to Rok said...

Okay, now that I'm crying!!! What a wonderful experience, and what a wonderful Mom you are! I really thank you for sharing this. By the way, it was so good to see you the other week. I just love you!

Megan said...

She's so beautiful. Thank you for sharing that story.

Also, Maggie loved the video of Cael singing. She watched it 5 times.

Cherry's said...

Jordan truly is beautiful! Thanks for sharing her with me while I was in YW! I hope you guys have a wonderful DAY!

John and Jessica said...

Oh Sharlie, I'm kinda embarrassed to admit that I am crying right now! What an amazing story! What a blessing Little Miss Jordan is to you and your family. She is a gorgeous baby girl, those eyes and that smile!!!

I cannot believe she is ONE, it seems like we were just hanging out @ Carl's JR... when you were pregnant!!

Happy Birthday Jordan!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jordan! They grow up so fast! She is a doll!

Tiff Rudd said...

Happy Birthday Jordan! Thanks for sharing that story! What an inspiration! She really is a beauty!

The Hilton Family~ said...

Happy Birthday to Jordan! Thank You for sharing your amazing story. She is so beautiful!

Phil, Marilee & Ella said...

I loved this post Shar! That is awesome! Love you guys.

Justin,Nikki, Alee, Soph, and Izee said...

Shar-that was so great!! I am so happy for you and your amazing family. Thanks for always being such an inspiration! Love you tons girlie!!

Jen said...

Hi Sharlie! I found your blog through Tiff Pace's... your daughter is beautiful and I am so happy that all is well!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Jordan! Thanks for sharing her story.

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Jordan. I had not heard this story before. Thank you for sharing her sweet story.

mintifresh said...

SHe is so cute! I didn't know that story! She is beautiful before and after her surgery! What a sweety! Just be sure you feed her before next time we see you-I don't want her stealing my food again!! hehehehehhe