Sunday, January 11, 2009

Do things actually break when the husbands are at home?

As many of you know Raynel's work schedule has him being gone from home 2 to three days at a time. I often joke that this is why Raynel and I have such a great marriage! Sometimes I wonder what would happen to our family if Raynel came home every night after work. Do the kids actually Not freak out when Dad is home, realising that life and schedules can still go on even when he is around. ( Are my kids the only ones that throw any sort of routine or schedule out the door just because Dad is around?) And do things actually break and fall apart when the Husband is home? Most Days I would not give these questions a second thought. But let me just make a list of all the wonderful things that went on over the last few days while Raynel has been gone.
  • Cael caught an eye infection and needs eye drops two times a day. To most that would be not a big deal, but for Cael this was the end of the world! I have to spend two hours each time wrestling him to the ground and sitting on him just so I can drop one little drop in each eye!
  • I found Jordan under the Kitchen sink and she was happily helping herself to a taste of Comet Cleaner. So now I had my first experience with poison control.
  • I started my Car and for a moment thought a firetruck was coming down the street with sirens blaring. Oh no...that lovely sound was coming from my car. Lets just say I prayed all the way to the store hoping we made it and hoping we did not pull over traffic on the way!
  • Last night I woke up to a freezing house discovering that my furnace was broken! No big deal. I still have my home warranty, right? Wrong? For some stupid reason, that I will not get into, they told me that my furnace was no longer covered on my warranty. So finally after three hours of being mad at some poor man who had to listen to me gripe! I pulled both kids into bed with me to try and stay warm for the remainder of the night.
  • The next morning one of Raynel's wonderful friends came and fixed the furnace for me. Yeah!!!!! But after coming upstairs from fixing the furnace I forgot to put up the gate on the stairs and poor Jordan took a mighty fall! She now has a beautiful bruise and a bump the size of a golf ball. It is amazing this kid has survived the last few days!

I am always excited to have Raynel come home but not as much as I am today! And tomorrow when the kids are acting all out of whack because Dad is home I am just going sit back and love every minute of it!

5 comments:

Mike-Jami-Bridger-Foster said...

Shar!! Holy crap I can't believe all those things happened to you!! You're an amazing Mom and Wife! Lets get together this week, what day is good for you? I can't wait to come see you..

Bjorn to Rok said...

Shar, I'm sorry you've had to go through all this. I totally relate to the eye drop thing. Grace had pink eye, and trying to get drops in her eyes was trying to wrestle a WWF wrestler. It's good you can laugh all is off! What would we do if we took life to seriously? Have fun with your family!

Emily said...

You have 2 of the cutest kids ever!! I love Jordan's eyes!! Beautiful kids! I can't believe they are Raynel's. JK!!

Phil, Marilee & Ella said...

Oh Shar-I hate weeks like that. I hope all is going better for you. Love you tons!

Mike-Jami-Bridger-Foster said...

Shar I'm up for either day! I don't have anyones phone number because bridger broke my phone and all my numbers got erased. So can you call me and give me your phone number? I need Ambers number too, maybe she wants to come. I can't wait to see ya!