Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well here it is the 1st of January and I have not posted anything since October. I am sure I could come up with many excuses of why I have not posted up until now.But for the sake of time I will just say that this is my year to do better. Yesterday I was having one of those days where I was just feeling sorry for myself. I hate days like that. I spend my time being grumpy and mad for really no other reason other then I just can. Not only that, I seem to make everyone else feel just as down and grumpy as me. It's days like that I bet Raynel is really happy to be at work instead of home trying to calm the beast. Last Night after a long day of self pity, I was lying in bed a realised how stupid I was. What do I have to feel sorry about?! Really!? I have the best life! I have Two beautiful kids, who are healthy and happy. We are expecting our third baby in June. I have a husband who is my rock. Not only is he good at calming this beast, but he just knows how how to make everything right. He is blessed to have not only one good job but three. As a result I get to be home with our family and even though there our times I want to run away screaming, I would not want it any other way. We are blessed to have such great family and friends who are always willing to come to my rescue even when I have my occasional motherly freak outs. I recall a time when I called my Father in law convinced that Jordan had whooping cough. These so called "little freak outs" could be a whole blog entry alone. But you get the picture. We are Truly Blessed! Yes this year I have my same goals (or should I say hopes and dreams )of being skinnier, wealthier and possibly getting nominated for mother of the year. But for once I think it is time to realize those three things will probably not happen. So 2011 is my year. My year to be Happy with who I am, what I have, and where we are going next. Yeah for 2011!' Happy New year!

8 comments:

Cherry's said...

Sharlie- You are an amazing person! You can light up a room like no other person I know. You can always make me smile! Happy 2011!

Missy said...

Sharlie,

It's nice to know you too have those little "mommy freaks outs". You are so wonderful. Glad that I can call you Sis.

Michelle said...

Sharlie, I think you forgot to mention that although you are going to be just happy being you, which is an awesome way to be, you need to spend more time with me! I'm glad you updated your blog :)

Happy New Year!

Brooke Jackson said...

Sharlie thanks for that post. You are so amazing. Why is it so hard to be happy with who we are!??! ITS WHO WE ARE for cryin' out loud. That is a great new years resolution!

Mike-Jami-Bridger-Foster said...

Oh Shar- I love ya!! I have always thought of you as such a wonderful, good hearted, and funny gal.. I so agree with just being happy with yourself. I have to remind my self everyday!
I miss you. I really wish i would see you more. By the way congratulations on your baby #3!!! Horray. So happy for you guys. Do you guys know what your having yet?

Kristin said...

Sharlie! I found your blog on your facebook. So cute. I am glad I found it. Your kids are really cute! I love the attitude of accepting yourself for you are and what you have. I am learning that lesson myself! It is hard not to want things differently. I have to step aside sometimes and realize how amazingly blessed I am.

I am so excited for you to have another baby!!! Congratulations!!!!

John and Jessica said...

Congratulations!! :) Hope you do have a fabulous year!

Andrea said...

Sharlie Marie, Congratulations on your pregnancy...if I was a better friend I would already know that! I love you tons and I miss seeing you!