Monday, September 13, 2010

It's a "love-Hate" thing

We have had Gus two months now and I can honestly say that I love him. But if I am really being honest I must say, I also hate him. Who would have thought that adding a puppy to my life would cause so much emotional confusion. Yes, there have been many times I have just wanted to give up and give him away. But this image is and would forever be implanted in my brain...

These two just love him!

So with this in mind I have turned over a new leaf and have become a dog-loving women... Well moat days ;)

Gus and I now run 4 miles a day. On the days that I need to take the kids with me I pack them a snack, throw them in the stroller and walk our four miles. At first this was just plain hard. Now it has turned into something that both Gus and I look forward to everyday. Not only am I getting out and exercising, but my hyper active puppy has turned into the well trained and happy puppy I always dreamed about.

So for today I am a Dog-lover.

As for tomorrow, we will have to see.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I never though I was not a dog lover...until I had my own dog. My love hate relationship with our dog was a losing battle for the dog. We sold him, my kids were heartbroken and I was left feeling like the worst mom ever. I was six months pregnant so something had to go to save my sanity. We will have a dog again and I am hoping for the best next time around.

The Nortons said...

Cute kids! I have had so many days that I have been ready to give up on my dog too, but, same thing, my kids just love him! I hope for many more dog love days for you :)

Liz said...

lucky for me, ethan and paige are both scared of dogs! i love the picture of him and your kids, so cute.

Michelle said...

Shar, give it 2 years. Then everyday will be a dog loving day. Although my puppies have made me overly frustrated, my dogs are the most amazing addition to our family. I don't think Steve and I could ever live without a dog. Apparently even one isn't enough :) When Steve is gone for his shift, Moose steps in as our protector, and thinks he helps me with the girls. Dogs are awesome, puppies are cute, but frustrating. You'll get there.