Friday, May 28, 2010

Schools out for Summer!

Wow! I feel like it was just a few weeks ago that I was coming home from dropping Cael off to his first day of Preschool! I was so sad with the way he practically jumped from the truck and told me to stay in the car instead of walking him to the door. As much as I love Cael and being able to be home with him it turned out I was not the only one looking forward to a little change in our daily routine. I realised that day that he was more then ready for a little time away from Mom.
Cael was always so excited to go school. He would be ready for school at least two hours before it was even time to go and spent those two hours asking, every 5 minutes, if it was time to go yet. When he was sick, he would do everything to try and convince me that he really was OK to go. And what he really loved most was ridding to and from school with Elle and Heidi instead of Boring old Mom.
For the last day of school we were invited to come to Cael's class and get a glimpse of what they had done this year. It was so fun to see him and his class perform some of there favorite songs.
We were also given a portfolio of some of Cael's work. Cutting with scissors, learning shapes and numbers, and even drawing. Here is a sample of a picture Cael drew of himself at the beginning of the year and one that he drew at the end.We have been so happy with the experience that Cael has had with preschool. His cute teacher has really made this new experience in Cael's life so great. We are so glad that he is going to go to the BRITE Preschool again next fall.
Cael with his class

Cael got an award for being such a great friend to everyone.

Cael and Miss Heather

Here is a video of our performer...more video to come.

2 comments:

The Hilton Family~ said...

I can't believe another school year has come and gone. Your little guy is so cute and getting so big. it is amazing how fast the time goes.

Leslie said...

Oh i hope Brighton is as excited to go to preschool as Cael. He is a doll and what a sweetheart for being sucha a good friend.